FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
Westcoast Connection / 360° Student Travel Programs Log 29,505 Hours of Community Service During Summer 2010
Weston, Florida – October 27, 2010 – Westcoast Connection / 360° Student Travel is proud to announce that its participants and staff have collectively accumulated 29,505 hours of community service around the world during July and August 2010.
Volunteering with populations in need is an integral part to a meaningful travel experience.
Westcoast Connection / 360° Student Travel documented 29,505 hours last summer helping communities in Africa, Alaska, California, China, Costa Rica, Hawaii, Israel, and Peru. Through direct and indirect service, our travelers worked on a variety of projects at some of the places below:
- Alaska – the Food Bank of Alaska, Kids’ Kitchen, the Center for Alaskan Coastal Studies, the Boys & Girls Clubs of Anchorage, and Dare to Care
- Africa – the Sihlekisi Primary School and the Chanoga Community Maun
- California – Habitat for Humanity, the Boys & Girls Club of Santa Monica, the Orange County Rescue Mission, the Ronald McDonald House and the San Diego Food Bank
- Costa Rica Community Service – the Humanitarian Foundation, the Monteverde Cloud Forest, Habitat for Humanity and the Flamingo Community Project
- Costa Rica Combination Language & Community Service – the Humanitarian Foundation, the Monteverde Cloud Forest, and the Flamingo Community Project
- Costa Rica Rainforest Language Immersion – the Hogar Ama Orphanage and the Apamar Center
- Hawaii – Habitat for Humanity, the Boys & Girls Club of Hawaii, ECO Maui and Read To Me International
- Israel – the Youth Center in the Ramle Community
- Active Teen Tours – the Los Angeles Food Bank and the Richmond Fruit Tree Project
- Outdoor Adventure Programs – the Oregon Food Bank
About the Company
Westcoast Connection / 360° Student Travel is in its 29th year of showing teenagers the summer of a lifetime. Westcoast Connection offers North American and Overseas Teen Tours. 360° Student Travel offers Community Service, Language Immersion, Pre-College Enrichment, Global Adventures, and Family Programs throughout the USA including Alaska and Hawaii, Canada, Europe, Australia, Costa Rica, Peru, Africa, China, Israel, and Ecuador & the Galapagos Islands.
Regardless of program type, all of our itineraries are created with the understanding that no matter what one wants to accomplish during the summer, the challenges and experiences should be enjoyable as well as rewarding.Contact: Ira Solomon email@example.com 1725 Main Street, Suite 215 Weston, Florida 33326 954.888.9780 westcoastconnection.com | 360studenttravel.com