Who doesn’t picture the Tanner family riding the San Francisco cable car when they hear the Full House Theme Song.
San Francisco … It’s pretty easy to leave your heart in the city by the Bay.
Conde Naste Traveler readers in their 2009 poll named San Francisco the Best U.S. City in the annual readers’ poll. San Francisco was followed by Charleston, Santa Fe, New York City, Chiacgo, Honolulu, Carmel, and Savannah.
Want to see more? Check out Conde Naste Traveler’s website here.
Join us this summer in San Francisco to ride over the Golden Gate Bridge, explore Alcatraz, bark at the sea lions off of Pier 39, ride a cable car, devour Ghirardelli chocolates at Ghirardelli square, and so much more!
And … some San Francisco fun facts:
1. Denim jeans were invented in San Francisco for the Gold Rush miners who needed tough, comfortable clothing.
2. There are over three hundred coffee houses within the city boundaries of San Francisco
3. Al Capone spent five years in prison in Alcatraz.
4. San Francisco is built on 43 hills.
5. The crookedest street is not Lombard Street , Vermont Avenue between 22nd and 23rd is the “crookedest,” Filbert between Hyde and Leavenworth is the steepest street at 31.5 degrees.
6. Soon after the Golden Gate Park opened in 1890, John McLaren, the park’s designer added a free-range zoo that was home to elk, bears, goats, and buffalo. The buffalo are the only ones that remain.
The Westcoast Blogger
P.S. – In the Europe category, readers voted Florence and Rome as the two best cities.