Although Labor Day may be the end of Summer 2011 to many, it is the start of 2012 around the WCC/360° offices. Unbelievable new destinations, amazing new itinerary highlights, new brochures … but more of that in a few weeks. Revealing anything now would ruin all of the fun … so for now, we’re going to leave you all in suspense!
In the meantime, we do want to send out another reminder about our Annual Photo & “Show Us Your Summer” Video Contest. All of the instructions can be found below. The deadline for entry is September 19th. Remember, the grand prize is valued at $1,000.
Wishing everyone an enjoyable Labor Day. Remember, summer 2012 is only 10 months away!
The Westcoast Blogger
There is a prize of $50 for each photo selected for our brochure and a $100 prize for the best photo entry selected by our directors as the #1 traveler photo. Photos selected for use on our website are not eligible for prizes. All entries must be received by September 19th.
“SHOW US YOUR SUMMER” VIDEO CONTEST:
We’re looking for the best trip recap! Put together a creative montage highlighting your summer experience. Use all of your photos, videos, and anything else that you’ve acquired. Be creative! Add captions, testimonials, transitions, sounds, music… anything that you can think of to make your video stand out! The grand prize winner for our “SHOW US YOUR SUMMER” video contest will win a prize valued at $1,000 ($500 cash prize along with a $500 certificate for travel in 2012).
Our directors will narrow down the selection to the top 5 videos. After that, we will post them to our blog and let YOU decide the winner!
Official Rules of “Show us Your Summer” Video Contest:
– Videos will be judged on originality, creativity, and most importantly, how they capture the Westcoast Connection / 360° Student Travel experience. Submissions should not contain inappropriate content.
-This contest is open to teens who have participated in a summer 2011 Westcoast Connection / 360° Student Travel program. Each video must be an original creation.
– Westcoast Connection / 360° Student Travel reserves the right to modify any submissions for promotional use.
– There is no limit to the length of a video. It should be able to hold the attention of an audience. You may submit multiple entries as long as each entry meets the requirements.
– Westcoast Connection / 360° Student Travel will select 5 winners. These 5 videos will be uploaded to the official Westcoast Connection / 360° Student Travel Blog for voting. The winner will be chosen after a period of one week (seven days).
– “Show us Your Summer” Video Contest submissions must be received by September 19th.
Kindly follow the instructions below for submitting your entries.
Option A – For 5 or LESS PHOTOS being submitted: Send your full resolution photos to email@example.com and please put your trip # and your name in the subject line.
Option B – For MORE than 5 PHOTOS and/or for ALL VIDEOS: Upload your photos/videos to our photo contest site as follows (always upload in full resolution) by following steps below.
1. Visit http://westcoast360photocontest.smugmug.com/
2. Click login in the top right corner
3. Use the following user information:
4. Click upload in the top left corner and then select new gallery
5. Name the gallery “your name and your trip number” (i.e.: Joe Smith Trip 2) and click Save in the bottom right corner
6. On the next page drag and drop the photos you want to submit to the photo contest and wait for them to upload or you may select your photos by clicking browse in the bottom left corner.
7. Once your photos are done uploading click “I’m done uploading” and you’re all set!
All photos and videos submitted become property of Westcoast Connection / 360° Student Travel and can be used in future marketing and promotional material.
We look forward to seeing your amazing photos for our photo contest, as well as your videos for our “Show us Your Summer” video contest!
Don’t forget – all submissions must be in by September 19th.